Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 5

Yuky day in Iowa today. We here in Southern Iowa missed the snow, thankfully.
Yesterday we went to the Neal Smith Wildlife Preserve (http://www.tallgrass.org/). They have an area set aside to preserve the prairie. They have buffalo and elk. We were lucky to be there at the right time to see both the elk and the buffalo. We had Ann-Nika with us as well as another German student.
We also went to the Iowa Historical Museum and the IMAX theater. It was a very nice day. The girls enjoyed their day also.
Back to work tomorrow. But it's just a 3 day week as we have Good Friday as a holiday and I have to take my "extra" day off also. Hopefully the weather will warm up.
Friday I was able to get through my closets and get some other cleaning done. I did more last night after we got home and again some today. If I am lucky I will have the whole house gone through for my "spring" cleaning.
Well off to get around for work tomorrow.
Take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It will be a lovelay long weekend for you Pat...how exciting..hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! Enjoy it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete